Kata is the mother of Maya and Kora.
Kata's pelt is tawny, while her muzzle and underbelly are paler in color.
Her ears are rimmed with brown. Her eyes are brown.
Kata is described as argumentative and distrustful.
She is also very arrogant and prideful.
When interacting with her granddaughters, Kata is shown to be gentle and affectionate.
- Her children refer to her as Mother.
- Her granddaughters refer to her as Grandma.
- She and Maya don't respect Simba and Nala.
- Kata resents Bemba's affection for her granddaughters.
- She has a very strained relationship with her son.
- Kata has an an affectionate relationship with her daughter.
- She has a very tense relationship with her daughter-in-law.
- Kata strongly dislikes Simba’s children and grandchildren.
- She dislikes the Lion Guard.