|Epilogue: An Important Coronation|
|Air Date|| |
The Battle of the Lion Guards
Epilogue: An Important Coronation is the thirtieth and final chapter of The Lion King: Revisited.
Kion marries Rani, becomes her mate and the King of the Tree of Life.
Kion marries Rani at the Tree of Life, becoming its king ("Long Live the King").
Several weeks later, Kion and Rani symbolize the new union of the Pride Lands ("Circle of Life / Nants' Ingonyama").
Thurston meets Kely and Heng-Heng at Pratibimba, who lead him into becoming the Tree's new protector, and the zebra recognizes Sâhasí and Ãnanda from a distance.
- Max Charles as Kion
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Rani
- Landry Bender as Makini
- Miki Yamashita as Nirmala
- Diamond White as Fuli
- Bryana Salaz as Anga
- Matthew Broderick as Simba (Donald Glover as Simba's singing voice)
- Gabrielle Union as Nala (Beyoncé-Knowles Carter as Nala's singing voice)
- Jason Marsden as Kovu (Gene Miller as Kovu's singing voice)
- Eden Riegel as Kiara (Liz Callaway as Kiara's singing voice)
- Joshua Rush as Bunga
- Dusan Brown as Beshte
- Atticus Shaffer as Ono
- Maia Mitchell as Jasiri
- Khary Payton as Rafiki
- Jaime Camil as Pinguino
- Ernie Sabella as Pumbaa
- Nathan Lane as Timon
- Julie Kavner as Ma
- Alfre Woodard as Sarabi
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Basi
- Lynette Dupree as Ma Tembo
- Sinbad as Uroho
- Michael Dorn as Bupu
- John Rhys-Davies as Sokwe
- Ron Funches as Ajabu
- Dan Howell as Majinuni
- Christopher Jackson as Shujaa (credited) and Fikiri (uncredited)
- Heather Headley as Kitendo
- Michael Luwoye as Askari
- Justin Felbinger as Mtoto
- Phil Lester as Hafifu
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Surak
- Hudson Yang as Baliyo
- Blair Underwood as Makuu
- Elton John as Mwizi
- Tim Rice as Mwevi
- Kevin Schon as Chungu (credited) and Thurston (uncredited)
- Andrew Kishino as Janja
- Behzad Dabu as Azaad
- Fiona Riley as Binga
- Gerald C. Rivers as Pua
- Alex Cartañá as Twiga
- C.J. Byrnes as Tamaa
- David S. Jung as Kely
- Tiffany Espensen as Heng-Heng
- Phil LaMarr as Shingo (uncredited)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Mbeya (uncredited)
- Tree of Life
- Pride Lands
- Pride Rock
- Chakula Plains
- Night Pride
- Simba's pride
- Timon's colony
- Ma Tembo's herd
- Makuu's float
- Bupu's herd
- Mbeya's crash
- Twiga's herd
- Thurston's herd (disbandment)
- Pinguino's rookery
- Jasiri's clan
- The Traveling Baboon Show
- Sokwe's troop
- Vuruga Vuruga's herd
- Cek and Rama's flock
- Kely's Conspiracy
- Honey badgers
- Polar bears
- Mountain goats
- Guinea fowl
- Giant pandas
- Gentle lemurs
The epilogue was met with polarized reviews from writers; while the musical numbers and performances received positive notice, the solid premise and closing scene were criticized.
Before the film was released, Askari95 commented, "At the end of the film, are Kion and Rani young adults, or are they still teenagers? And another thing; Makini presents their newborn cub at the end of the wedding...does this imply that Kion impregnated Rani before he returned to the Pride Lands, whilst they were still teens and Rani gave birth a few hours before Kion returned? Because if so, I think that the movie might warrant a PG-13 warning because I feel like that plot is a bit more mature. Also, that would've made Kion and Rani's cub an awkward child. In most cases, children born out of wedlock are not suitable for the throne, even if the two parents marry. I assume that there would be some backlash against Kion for giving Rani an unsuitible heir to the throne."
- This chapter marks the first of several things:
- The debuts of Sokwe, Majinuni, Hafifu, Pua, Kely and Heng-Heng.
- This chapters marks the one time of a few things:
- Mwevi and Mwizi's only appearances with dialogue, in this case, voiced by Tim Rice and Elton John.
- This was the last chapter of several things:
- The last chapter of the film overall.
- The last appearances of Kion, Rani, Pumbaa, Timon, his mother, Rafiki, Makini, Zazu, Bunga, Fuli, Ono, Beshte, Anga, Shujaa, Tangaagim, Tamaa, Basi, Janna, Fikiri, Vuruga Vuruga, Kitendo, Askari, Mufasa, Simba's pride, the Night Pride, Pinguino's rookery, Ma Tembo's herd, Jasiri's clan, Makuu's float, Twiga's herd, Thurston's herd, Cek and Rama's flock, Vuruga Vuruga's herd, and the Traveling Baboon Show, among others, in the film.
- During the reprise of "Circle of Life", a pride of lions can be seen walking towards the Tree of Life. This indicates that it's Kion and Rani as young adults with their cubs; however, their cub's presentation was removed from the final cut, only shown in the Expanded Edition.
- Makuu's float, Swala's herd, Vuruga Vuruga's herd, Muhimu's herd, Uroho, Mwevi, Mwizi, Kifaru, Ajabu, Mbuni, Chama, Mzaha, Furaha and Laini were to attend the ceremony, but this scene got ultimately removed. However, it was added on the Expanded Edition. Also, there were Tenuk and Seisou-esque tapirs and gibbons shown among the massive herd.
- When Thurston gets left behind at the Tree of Life, it would seem that his herd disbands.
- Baliyo appears to have a romance on Zuri.
- Tamaa was originally chosen to be sung by Schon, but dialogue was transferred to have Byrnes provide his lines.